HLN has developed a web-based project tracking tool ideal for help desks, technology organizations, or any setting where it's important to be able to share task status with project team members. Written in Perl, Project Tracking supports many simultaneous projects with access control for users assigned on a project-by-project basis, support for read-only and read-update users, and printer-friendly standard reports. (Refer to Terms of Software License)
- Assignment of responsibility for issues to individuals, and the ability to generate individual reports even across projects.
- Classification of issues as Requests, Problems (bugs), Enhancements or Testing-related.
- Creation of engagement-specific "project" designations to help organize issues in a way that is most meaningful to the client.
- Drill-down from basic issue description and status all the way to detailed progress notes about each issue.
- Ability to embed any valid html formatting - including any valid URL - in the body of an issue's text.
- Flexible assignment of priority codes to issues.
- Flexible on-screen and paper-formatted reporting.
- User-definable e-mail triggers that send messages if an issue assigned to a user or an issue-type a user wants to track is updated by anyone.
- Ability to tag an issue with a designated software release number to identify (through an on-screen or paper report) the set of features (fixes or enhancements) that are being targeted for a specific software release.
- Special support for tracking software testing, including pre-populating issue descriptions for testing with an outline of test elements.